site stats

sâmbătă, 30 ianuarie 2016

DIARY COUNTDOWN: DAY 181











Weight: 138.5 kilograms

It is Saturday today. Saturday morning. And I am totally ashamed of myself. I know what I have to do and I just did not do it. Not that I ate the wrong stuff. The simple facts is I was chewing on something (either fruits, dry fruits, etc) the whole day through might give one a good idea about what was going on.

This is exactly why I am keeping this diary. This why I am weighing myself on a daily basis. So I could create a self-awareness. I have a burning conscience that will tell me off and that is what helps me going back on track. 

This is also yet another sign that I have to deal with an addiction indeed: I just let myself go for a couple of weeks around Christmas and I find it now very difficult to keep course. That is what usually happens with the alcohol too isn't it?

As I previously stated, I know why I have to do but I don't do it. That reminds me of something apostle Paul wrote in the letter to the church of Rome. To those of you who are not familiar with the word of God, will be probably perplexed to find out that even for this one something reminded me of a Bible verse. This verse came to my mind while I was writing the things above and it stuck with me:

"I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.  

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 

O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! 

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."
(Romans 7:21-25)

Need to stay on course. I am close to the goal and I shall not give up! There is no way that will happen again. This is just a bump on the road. Keeping my eye on the prize! God bless everyone! Stay cool and have a nice weekend!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Eu cred ca: