site stats

marți, 23 februarie 2016

WHY DON'T WE LIKE THE IDEAL MODEL?


I was in the middle of the call when I started writing my diary countdown about my weight loss. At some point I had to stop. Lack of concentration leads to no inspiration. Apart from that I consider it to be a blessing whenever I am asked for support, advice or help.

I know it means a lot for those who are asking for that, but it also builds me up, because I have to think, search, process data, reach a conclusion, search for more data, process it again and reach a conclusion that will ultimately be put in an action of some sort.

I myself think that I am not reliable although I try very hard. I am not like, but worse than Paul the apostle, who said:

" I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?"
(Romans 7:21-23)

Therefore, like Paul, I thank God for His grace, mercy and for all the opportunities to help the others. I consider it to be a blessing and a massive responsibility. And I myself am learning along the way.

Because I have Christ teachings as a road map I must report everything to this system of reference in order to help people that, most of the time, have another one that I strongly disagree with.

I usually disagree with standards they have adopted because I believe that, like in science (especially in physics), we have to have an ideal model in order to compare everything else to it so we can reach the best solution for the problem.

Well... Why would that be any different when it comes to morals and ethics, where the ideal model is JESUS? Why is He the ideal model and not other leaders? That is easy to answer! I can trust Him. And Him only. Why? The answer to this other question is so simple but most of the humans do not even realize it is there!!!

Let's say you are going to war and you are in the middle of a battle. How would you feel about a friend who is willing to give up his life in order for you live even after you mocked, slandered, beat and conspired to put him to death in the safety of the tranches previous to the battle? Isn't that a trustworthy friend?

Isn't that a real and true friend?!! Isn't that the ultimate friend?!! Well, that is exactly what Jesus did in the battle for life: not only that he willingly sacrificed Himself for us, but while on the cross, the humanity was mocking Him...

"Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”

And they divided His garments and cast lots."

I would call that not a best friend but the ultimate friend. The ideal model of a friend. So Jesus truly is the ideal model. It is so easy to see that but people are like He said they would be, quoting the prophet:

"And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive; for the hearts of this people have grown dull.

Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,

Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them."

I find it absolutely amazing that people who think that they know better, dismissing the gospel although they have never read it, are actually FULFILLING a prophecy that was given 2700 years ago!!! Isn't that like WOOOW?!!

Well... It is to me. I do understand why people don't like comparing themselves to Jesus as the ideal model... All our filthiness, all our wickedness, all the bad things we are carrying in our hearts, every slander, gossip, all the sexual immorality it will make our conscience burn if we compare ourselves to Him!

We know that. Even more: whenever we do something wrong we know that it is wrong even before we act. We know that. But we still go on doing it don't we? So what do we do after the deed is done? We try to hide it from the others.

We know that we are safe because we see the faults of the others and we know that they will dare not expose us for they themselves will be exposed!

But with Jesus as a role model, no evil can be hidden in the dark. For the light will always expose all those things that are dwelling in darkness. It is a natural law. No one can deny that.

One may as well choose to continue living in the dark. But he or she would be only lying to themselves. So we'd better choose and embrace the ugly truth about ourselves, for the first step in order to solve a problem is to admit that you have it, not to hide it.

No one has to feel guilty or worry about what will happen if doing the right thing. For there is the good news: Jesus also came to set us free each and everyone of us. Individually.

He came to set us free from from the sin that we are being enslaved in. He came to brake the chains of fear. He came to tell us that LOVE, NATURAL LOVE, is the thing that needs to be the rule and the measure of our lives.

I so very often ask people who are challenging me about Christ: "What is so offensive about Christ teachings that you find is so unacceptable?"

And they go silent even if they would try and argue and fight it at first. Because there is actually none. Still, they continue living their lives according not to the ideal standard, which is Jesus, but to lower standards that would make them feel better about themselves. And you know that is the truth. In our hearts, each and everyone of us knows that this is the truth! Amen?!!

Have a beautiful day everyone! God bless!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Eu cred ca: